take better photos by understanding your camera
mastering your camera:
a practical introduction to the essential concepts of digital photography
Mastering Your Camera
Learn to get control of your camera settings and begin shooting better photos in two fantastic days in the Len's School Mastering Your Camera Workshop which has been designed to demystify the technical and creative aspects of your digital camera.
Digital photography will be explained in an easy and straightforward manner and will assist you in understanding the various camera settings and what they have been designed to do.
The basic structure of the this workshop is a combination of lecture, visual presentation and an opportunity to put your new-found knowledge to the test with a series of practical exercises to ensure that you truly understand the various features and creative functions of your camera.
june 4 & 5 / 8:30 - 4:30
october 8 & 9 / 8:30 - 4:30
The Mastering Your Camera Workshop can also be scheduled to meet the needs of private groups of 3-6 people. To book a private group Flash Photography Workshop please message us with your requirements
Sydney Based - Final location to be determined
Mastering your camera
In this two day workshop you will learn how to confidently use your camera to improve your digital photography. Understanding the fundamentals of your camera is the first step to becoming a better photographer. During each of the topics, we will ensure that you understand how each of the various features of your camera operates and we will consolidate that information by making each of the adjustments on your camera and taking photos throughout the workshop to demonstrate the effect each adjustment has on your images.
The specific material we will cover includes:
- A tour of your digital camera
- Flash Cards & Memory
- Understanding the Image Sensor, Pixels and Resolution
- RAW Files vs JPEG
- Calibrating your LCD screen
- Aperture & Shuttler Speeds
- Depth of Field & Motion
- Light Metering Modes and How to Use Them
- Principles and technology of camera focus
- Auto vs. Manual Focus
- Selecting a Focus Point
- White Balance and Colour Temperature
- Shooting Modes: Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Program and Manual
- Programing Custom Shooting Modes
- Composition - Basic Composition rules to instantly improve your photography
The workshop is a combination of lecture, visual presentation and practical exercises to ensure you are able to correctly use and understand all of the principles covered.
Each student must have a fundamental working knowledge of their camera and the various exposure adjustments.
4 - 6 depending on venue
WHAT TO BRING
- Your camera & spare battery or charger, and the camera manual.
- Your lunch
- Tea, coffee and snacks
- Small groups limited to 6 participants
- Lens School's unique and gentle teaching style, which supports you and helps you develop as a photographer
Group Bookings: Have your own group of 4-6 people and eager to hold a workshop in the comfort of your own home? Please select Information/Group Bookings from the main page menu and send us an enquiry to discuss the special Group Bookings rates.