- More individual tuition catering to your specific needs
- You learn quicker with deeper understanding
- Practice what you are learning in the classroom and in the field
- Your confidence grows quickly
- Enjoy being spoilt by us giving you more time for photography
- Giving you more time to photograph and explore
- Photographers at all levels will benefit
- Set your own accommodation budget; tent, camper-van, motel or luxury B&B
- You will hardly notice you are learning, you will feel inspired and your photography will progress in leaps and bounds
- More time learning and shooting less time travelling
- Our first session includes our safety briefing, location information and the outline of the workshop. Get to know Len and the other participants before the workshop commences in a relaxed friendly environment.
- Small groups
- Classroom presentations, demonstrations, hands on training
- Location shoots every day
- Positive, encouraging and supportive learning environment
- Luscious home cooked lunches and snacks
- Slow gentle shoots
- Explanations at your level, from beginner to expert
- Book your own accommodation
- Facilitated by Len Metcalf, master educator MEd (adult education), Grad Dip Ed (art education), BA (photography), Dip (outdoor guiding)
- Full day workshops from dawn to dusk
- Complementary wine and cheese introductory evenings on the evening prior to the workshop
UPCOMING WORKSHOPS with LEN Metcalf
Three days with Len Metcalf teaching you how to organise, process, retrieve and print your photographs using Len's preferred software Adobe Lightroom. Len teaches in a simple hands on manner so that by the end of the workshop you are confidently importing, cataloguing, processing and exporting your images. Conducted at Katoomba.
22nd - 24th August 2017
"His ability to communicate the intricacies of what he considers an art form in an easy manner to his students is exemplary." - Bruce Allen
Love photographing flowers, well Len does too. Leura Flower Festival is an annual event centred around a series of open gardens in the Blue Mountains Australia. This small group workshop with Len Metcalf is where we immerse ourselves in flower photography for five days. Visit and shoot stunning gardens, study flower photography techniques, have your work critiqued and printed into stunning photographs.
2nd - 6th October 2017
"Len’s teaching and leadership has helped me to create a style of my own that I am comfortable with." - Dot Radley
Snow gums, glacial lakes, tumbling creeks, alpine heath and huge hydro lakes feature in this amazing location. Snow covered gums and icicle dripping creeks frozen in time may be some of the magical subjects to be photographed on this special workshop in the Snowy Mountains with Len Metcalf.
16th - 20th October 2017
"I must say I had the best time in Jindabyne, loved every minute of the workshop and especially the classroom sessions. I want to go again next year as well. Thank you both for making the workshop a huge success.
Thanks again and best regards," - Mary-Lou
Learn and explore seascape photography with this amazing workshop on the Coast of Victoria - Conducted from Port Campbell
6th - 10th November 2017
"Len is a master of adult education to the point where you assimilate information without even realising it. I was guided to focus in new areas of photography revealing strengths that I did not know I had. It challenged and stretched me well beyond any of the photographic courses I had done before." Paul Hulbert
Narooma is a popular photography destination with dramatic coastal rock formations just begging to be photographed. This five day workshop explores the coast at sunrise and sunset shoots, with the rest of the day in the classroom improving your photography technique. This always one of our most popular photography workshops so book early.
20th - 24th November 2017
"I'm still persuing the learning journey which commenced in Len's Master Class and enjoying the rewards." - Kay Gordon
A five day photography workshop studying nude photography. Workshop includes tuition and shoots with models.
4th - 8th December 2017
“Hi Len, again my thanks and appreciation for a great weekend. The subject of course was a new “adventure” for me and one totally enjoyed.” — Tom Walsh
A mentoring program to take you to that next level. Imagine being inspired to work on your own photographic project. Printing your work regularly and presenting it for valuable and informative supportive feedback.
Over a year on nine separate Sundays, this is the program that will push you further. Unlike any other photography workshop, this program is unique.
"Dear Len, Thank you for your time and wisdom this year. Your guidance has been invaluable. It is always a pleasure to be taught by you." - Monica Bailey
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA