Fine Art Nude PHOTOGRAPHY Workshop
Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th November, 2016
9:00am – 5:00pm
Do you want to shoot stunning fine art nudes but don’t feel confident organising a professional model and location? Would you like to learn more about photographing nudes, from model selection to digital processing?
Spend a weekend with master fine art photographer Len Metcalf and learn the trade secrets from someone who knows. Len has been producing stunning nude images and sharing his expertise in boutique classes and workshops for over ten years.
Over two exciting days Len will reveal his insider tips to the nude modelling world, including booking and working successfully with figure models. Learn the specifics of how to pose and support your model and construct powerful images through sound composition. You will also analyse the work of great nude photographers and discuss their strengths and weaknesses. Len will demonstrate his way of working with models in a variety of locations.
In the field with Len, take the opportunity to experiment with delicate nuances of natural light and sculpting the figure in natural light. After the shoots, participate in valuable group critique sessions and look in on hands-on demonstrations of Len’s digital workflow. Explore processing nude figures to bring the best out of your images.
This is a unique opportunity to work with professional models in an outdoor setting and develop your own stunning nude portfolio.
5th - 6th November 2016
LEN'S SCHOOL STUDIO
1/55 Waratah Street
9.00 am Saturday start in the Studio finish around 6 pm
9.00 am Sunday finish at 5.00 pm
This workshop is suitable for all intermediate to advanced photographers interested in developing their figure photography. If you're a beginner we recommend you do one of our basic camera handling workshops before attending this one.
This is the easiest way to get to Len's Studio. There is plenty of free parking nearby.
By Public Transport
Catch a train from Central station to Katoomba and stroll down the hill in a couple of minutes to our studio. The train trip from Central station takes about 2 hours.
Minimum numbers required to go ahead
WHAT TO BRING
- A variety of lenses (50mm or 85mm or 135mm recommended - or 28-105mm & 70 - 200mm zooms), Len shoots with a 50mm & 135mm primes
- Prints or digital files of your figure images for Len to critique
- Your laptop or pad and processing software
- Poses & sample images you may wish to work from
- Two professional model shoots (3 hours each)
- Shoots will be mostly natural light, indoors and outdoors depending on the weather.
- Signed model release - our model release is modeled on the one Getty images uses, so rest assured it is a good one
- Two lunches
- Morning and afternoon tea (snacks and drinks)
- Three free* A3 archival quality prints from your weekend for your portfolio
- Len will provide constructive critiques of your work
- Photographic tuition and mentoring
* Your print will be printed as received so be sure that you send your images fully prepared for printing. Retouching of your print is available at an extra charge of $45 per photograph. Your prints will be mailed to you if there isn't time to print them on Sunday afternoon.
Prints include a white border (10 x 14 or 10 x 10 inches) and are embossed with the Len's School watermark in the border.
There are many varied accommodation venues in Katoomba, from caravan parks and camp grounds, through back packers, and B&B's to amazing exclusive hotels. All within a short walking distance from our Waratah Street Studio. Here are some convenient suggestions to suit any budget.
CLOSEST ACCOMMODATION (within easy walking distance - maximum five minutes walk):
- Katoomba Town Center Motel
- Palais Royal Boutique Hotel
- Blue Mountains YHA Hostel
- Katoomba Mountain Lodge
- Hotel Blue
- Clarendon Guesthouse
ACCOMMODATION A LITTLE FURTHER (moderate walking distance 10 - 20 minutes)
- Blue Mountains Accommodation Directory - Katoomba
- Echoes Boutique Hotel
- Lilianfels Resort & Spa
- Shelton Lee Guest House
- Three Sisters Motel
- Katoomba Town Houses
- The Gatsby
- The Three Explorers Motel
- Sidney's Retreat
- The Carrington Hotel
- The Mountain Heritage
- Lurline House
- No 14
- Transport to and from the venue
- Breakfasts or Dinners (we will go out for dinner as a group on Saturday evening which will be an extra cost)
NATURAL LIGHT NUDES WORKSHOP INVESTMENT
AUD200 will secure your spot.
NB: Full payment is required 2 weeks prior to the workshop.