Want to shoot jaw-dropping black and whites? Spend a night with Len Metcalf, one of Australia’s master fine art photographers, and learn the trade secrets from someone who knows. Len has been producing stunning black and white images for over 20 years and sharing his expertise in boutique classes and workshops for over ten years. This April for one night only Len is presenting to a wider audience in his Artarmon studio.
During the illustrated floor talk Len will cover:
- How to choose the right camera for you specifically for black and white
- Tips on the creative process and seeking inspiration
- How the digital view finder & mirrorless camera revolution benefits you as a black and white photographer
- Hints to processing images in Lightroom 5 & Silver EFX pro
- The pros and pitfalls of printing images with inkjet printers & hybrid systems (including photogravure)
- Insider secrets to the construction of powerful images through sound black and white composition
- Self-critique and stories from the making of some of his enduring classic images.
Bring your own black and white prints (A4 and larger please, A3 and A2 preferred) and Len will provide constructive critiques based on the principles outlined in the talk. Stay for supper afterwards and mingle with other photography-lovers or have a chat with Len.
Don’t miss this opportunity to take your black and white photography to the next level.
Date: Saturday 24th May 2014
Time: 6.30 - 9.30 pm
Location: Artarmon - Phase Studio, L&P Building, 96 Reserve Road Artarmon, Sydney
Numbers strictly limited
Late supper (tea, coffee, juice and snacks)
A selection of black and white prints from the floor will be critiqued - only A4 or larger A3 or A2 preferred.
Weekend special: book into the weekend nude photography workshop and entry to the night talk is free.
Work with professional models and build your portfolio in a supportive small group.
Book now: strictly limited spots - places always sell very fast...
The tickets are non refundable, but are transferable. Transferable means in the event of you not being able to attend you can give the ticket to another person.